From Alan Conway <alan.con...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Making sense of the org.omg.* class levels.
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:27:04 GMT
The lower the version you use the more portable it'll be. If you stick
with org.omg.CORBA it'll run on any ORB. A transient naming service can
certainly be implemented entirely in org.omg.CORBA/PortableServer with
the exception of registering it as an initial reference. I'd write the
service portably and leave registration as a task for the ORB. That will
make it useful not only in Geronimo but anywhere that someone wants a
portable TNS (e.g. I'd have loved this two weeks ago to replace a
revolting test hack involving tnameserve on a different project.)