From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject Re: IDLto JAVA compiler
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 08:14:25 GMT
At 07:17 31/05/2006, Anders Hessellund Jensen wrote:
>Yes. Although I think it would be great to have a CORBA 3.0
>compliant compiler, which the idlj compiler provided by SUN is not.
>In fact, I think the idlj compiler is aligned with version 2.3.2 of
>CORBA. Anything added since then does not work in idlj.

This is mostly driven by the fact that this is all that JEE requires.
We actually proposed to Sun that JEE 5 require 2.6 (and I think IBM
wanted 3.0 APIs supported) but CORBA is pretty low on their priority
list - and it looks like they plan to remove it from J2SE in the J2SE
7 or 8 timeframe. So harmony might not need it after all :)

andy

by email and then delete it.