From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: CSIv2 code
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 18:16:49 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Anders Hessellund Jensen wrote:
>
>> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to grok where there was a discussion for all that code
>>> that you just checked in.  Was this something that you were working
>>> on your own and just decided to check it in?
>>

>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> It is just the org.omg.* classes related to security (taken from our
>> Trifork ORB, much easier than messing around with IDL).
>

> I am not a big fan of storing generated source code into SVN.  What are
> other people's opinions?

The initial contribution came with the generated source, so I thought i
would continue in that manner instead of setting up a new build.

I agree that we should set up a proper specs project that generates the
classes from idl.

Do you think the corba specs project should be in Geronimos repo or in
Yokos repo?

>> I have also checked in some portable interceptors, which implement
>> GSSUP. They are also from the Trifork ORB, but since they are fully
>> portable i thought I would check it in also for everyone to see. They
>> are not currently used.
>>
>> The code added does not affect anything, so I did not see any problem
>> just checking it in.
>
> Someone could have been working on it or intending to work on it and,
> like you, never bothered to tell people that something was in progress.
> I think that people should file Jiras to announce what they intend to
> do.  A little discussion about it on the dev list would be better than
> none.

I'll keep that in mind in the future.

> Can you tell me what is Trifork's plan on releasing code from their code
> base?  At the moment, it strikes me as a bit ad hoc.

The plan is to release code when needed. I don't think we have any code
now that can be easily transferred to Yoko.

Regards,
Anders