From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: IDLto JAVA compiler
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 06:17:27 GMT
> I can certainly understand why Yoko would benefit from providing an IDL compiler.
> Probably this is most required by Harmony than anything else. Is that accurate?

Yes. Although I think it would be great to have a CORBA 3.0 compliant
compiler, which the idlj compiler provided by SUN is not. In fact, I
think the idlj compiler is aligned with version 2.3.2 of CORBA. Anything
added since then does not work in idlj.

> What is the current status of Harmony?
> What version of JSE does Harmony intend to provide/implement?

I know they are aiming to implement J2SE 5.0. I think Geir can supply
more info.

> I will get back if i need any additional info.
>
> thanks,
> Adi Sakala

Regards,
Anders