From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: CORBA specs module
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 12:23:11 GMT
Darren Middleman wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> I'm curious as to why we need to have the org.omg.* classes in a module by
> themselves.  Right now, it seems like having all of the CORBA code located
> in the Yoko 'core' module should be fine for most purposes.  Is there a
> reason why we need to break this down further into multiple CORBA
> modules or
> have I misunderstood what you are trying to achieve?

Currently, the Geronimo project has a spec module containing the same
classes. It is my understanding that the Geronimo people want the spec
in a separate module.

We have an open JIRA issue on the subject:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YOKO-24 .

Perhaps the Geronimo people can answer why the spec is in a separate module.

Best regards,
Anders