From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Milestone release
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 08:54:48 GMT
Anders Hessellund Jensen wrote:
> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> I think that it might be a good idea to start planning for a
>> milestone release.  Let's start small?  Shoot for an ApacheCon EU
>> announcement?  Thoughts?
>>
>> I think we should have a logging solution in place.  ;)  What else?
>
> I agree we should have a milestone release at ApacheCon, which is 26th
> of june btw.
>
> I intend to work on getting transport security in place. I believe we
> will be able to use SSL transports before ApacheCon. The OCI framework
> is very flexible when creating support for new transports. Hopefully I
> will have basic SSL functionality in place within the end of next week.
I've already started work on seeing if I can get this to work, attacking
it from what Geronimo requires from an ORB in terms of callbacks to
manage the SSL security.  This required creation of a small plugin to
the iiop plugin to allow Geronimo to participate in the security
decision making and also hook in to the Geronimo keystore management and
configuration process.

Rick