From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Transport Security [was: Re: Full working orb?]
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:56:17 GMT
At 10:18 AM 4/14/2006,
>Maybe we can get IONA and IBM to agree here :)  I can attempt to
>push it through IBM (and maybe Andy can try BEA).

My personal opinion is that this should go through the JCP. The
reason the original proposal failed was because it was defined in IDL
in order to be supportable on any ORB (i.e. non-Java) and there were
issues with the way this worked. I think this is really a Java
specific problem and therefore should be solved in a java-specific
way. Unfortunately I think protocol dictates that this go through the OMG ....

Another alternative is to sneak it in via the Java-IDL spec which
already has Java-specific APIs. I suspect this would also be a breach
of protocol :(

andy

by email and then delete it.