From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: build instructions
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:36:28 GMT
Lars K├╝hne wrote, On 4/4/2006 2:56 PM:

> No, I got the same error after I svn-updated. Then I upgraded to maven
> 2.0.3 and removed ~/.m2, now I'm getting
>
>    Unable to download the artifact from any repository
>
>      org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:pom:2.1-SNAPSHOT
>
>    from the specified remote repositories:
>      central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> Maven is right,
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/
> doesn't contain a 2.1-SNAPSHOT version. But why is maven using a
> snapshot dependency from a stable version of maven?
>
> Which version of maven are you using? Does it still work for you after
> cleaning ~/.m2?

I got a little farther by removing that alltogether.  I also couldn't
see the need for it.

I now run into a problem with the celtix-codegen-plugin:

org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: A required plugin was not found:
Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name is correct: Unable
to download the artifact from any repository

  org.objectweb.celtix:celtix-codegen-plugin:maven-plugin:0.5-SNAPSHOT

Upgrading to 1.0-beta-1 causes all sorts of problems because of missing
dependencies.  Using the script at
http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/celtix/trunk/bin/installSunJars?view=log&rev=990

to install the sun jars from a JAXWS-EA3 download is not an acceptable
option.

I cannot stress how important it is that our stuff builds cleanly after
clearing out ones ~/.m2 directory.

Regards,
Alan