From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: build instructions
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:15:49 GMT
Lars K├╝hne wrote, On 4/3/2006 2:43 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not too familiar with maven, and not at all familiar with maven2.
> Now I'm trying to compile yoko, but no luck yet.
>
> What I did was "mvn install", that resulted in
>
> == snip ==
> Unable to download the artifact from any repository:
> org.codehaus.mojo:idlj-maven-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT
> from the specified remote repositories: central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> == snip ==
>
> I then checked out the idlj maven plugin from codehaus and tried "mvn
> install" there:
>
> == snip ==
> Unable to download the artifact from any repository:
> org.codehaus.mojo:mojo-sandbox:pom:2-SNAPSHOT
> from the specified remote repositories: central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> == snip ==
>
> I  guess I have to add some alternative repositories but
> a) which ones?
> b) how do I do that?
>
> Is there a build-HOWTO for yoko somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

I am very uncomfortable with the idea that we must checkout code from
external projects and build them in order to get Yoko to compile.  It
sets a bad precidence.  If were going to make people go on an Easter egg
hunt for jars and projects, we may as well start using Ant.  ;)

Can we not require people who introduce dependencies to make sure that
they are in an accessible repo somewhere?

Regards,
Alan