From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: coding standard and logging
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:03:25 GMT
Lars K├╝hne wrote, On 4/4/2006 4:05 PM:

> Nolan, Edell wrote:
>
>> 2) The last email for the logging - is below
>> We could use the LogUtils class from celtix which is using the jdk1.5
>> logging.
>

> I think there was strong opposition against JDK logging because people
> love log4j. I think the consensus was to define our own logger
> interface and inject that in ORB.init().

What are our target JDK versions again?  Do we start w/ JDK14 or JDK13?
I am of the opinion that we use the vanilla logger for JDK14 or, if we
start w/ JDK13, log4j.  In either case I do not see the need for a
specialized logger interface that's injected; I'm interested in hearing
opinion on this.

>> Look at the logging and i18n
>> http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/celtix/trunk/celtix-common/src/main/java/org/objectweb/celtix/common/

>> or put these in yoko
>

> Is i18n of log messages really a requirement for you? If not, I'd like
> to avoid that for now...

I don't see a need to i18n the logger either but then again, I'm an
American.

Regards,
Alan