From Lars K├╝hne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: coding standard and logging
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:05:36 GMT
Nolan, Edell wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I know there were plenty of emails on these issues already but we don't seem to have
>agreed what approch we are taking. It would be great if we can get these narrowed down
>soon.
>
>1)  Coding standard to be used
>2)  Logging approach.
>
>1) The last suggestion for the coding standard was
>
>(http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/CodingStandards <http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/CodingStandards>
)

Yes, nobody objected, with the exception of logging.

I have now documented that in our Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator-yoko/CodingStandards

>2) The last email for the logging - is below
>
>We could use the LogUtils class from celtix which is using the jdk1.5 logging.

I think there was strong opposition against JDK logging because people
love log4j. I think the consensus was to define our own logger interface
and inject that in ORB.init().

>Look at the logging and i18n
>
>http://svn.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/celtix/trunk/celtix-common/src/main/java/org/objectweb/celtix/common/
>
>or put these in yoko

Is i18n of log messages really a requirement for you? If not, I'd like
to avoid that for now...

Cheers,
Lars