From "Mosur Ravi, Balaji" <br...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Resolution on JDK Layering - Alan's Proposal? (WAS:RE: coding standard and logging )
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:10:52 GMT
+1...

I think we definitely need to look at using JDK 1.5 for the future work as it has quite a
few new functionalities that would make life a lot easier...

- Balaji

-----Original Message-----
From: Sakala, Adinarayana
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 1:07 PM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Resolution on JDK Layering - Alan's Proposal? (WAS:RE: coding standard and logging
)

Where do we stand on this JDK issue?
I think i like Alan's layering proposal for the short term.
Just to be clear,

  trunk\core - compiles with JDK 1.4 and runs on both JDK 1.4 and 1.5

Everything else i.e,

  trunk\tools
  trunk\bindings
  ... compiles with JDK 1.5 and runs on JDK 1.5

I think we should be able to setup maven build system to handle this automatically.

In longer term, we could look at how we can introduce cool JDK 1.5 usage into core as well.

If nobody complains i suggest we implement this approach.

thanks,
Adi Sakala