From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Running CORBA tests
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:35:39 GMT
Hi all,

For the Trifork donation, we wrote a small framework for managing
processes and executing unit tests. I have cleaned this up and commited
a small process-management framework to sandbox/process-manager .
Perhaps we can use it for running CORBA tests. The framework features
the following:

- Spawning JAVA processes.
- Setting System properties for the processes.
- Executing static methods within the processes.
- Redirect System.out and System.err to the parent process' System.out
and System.er
- Any Exceptions from running methods in the client process is
propagated to the parent process.
- Client processes terminate automatically if the parent process dies.
- Efficiency: No unnessessary arbitrary-length delays, the client
processes report back to the parent process when they are started.

The processes communicate using RMI. There is a small test using the
framework, which shows how it is used.

I'm not saying that we have to use this framework for anything, there
may be better ways of running CORBA tests. Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Anders