From Lars K├╝hne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: coding standard
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:14:27 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
>> Ok, let's go w/ the old K&R style then.  The maven guys have
>> constructed styles for IntelliJ and Eclipse:
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-m2-development.html#Maven%20Code%20Style

> You are kidding right?  I am strongly opposed to any coding style
> other than Java standard (with 4 spaces).  This is the default of
> Eclipse, IntelliJ and Netbeans, and what Geronimo uses.
>
> -dain

I agree that we should basically stick to the Geronimo coding standard
(http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/CodingStandards). It's easy to
configure for everyone, it's the same as in our parent project, and the
document not only talks about code layout but also about other areas
like Exception handling.

The only thing that I find questionable in the Geronimo coding standard
for yoko is the use of commons logging. For example I'm not convinced
that j.c.l would work well when yoko is used inside Harmony. I like the
current dependency injection design for loggers. OpenORB uses something
similar (avalon logkit), it works just fine, and I see none of the j.c.l
classloader problems.

Lars