From "Sakala, Adinarayana" <ASAK...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Initial tasks
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:46:43 GMT
Hi Kresten,

> For some reason I'm not on yoko-dev.
You should definetely get onto it so that we dont duplicate the efforts.

Send an email to yoko-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

> I have no intention of forcing structure to be something specific,
I noticed that you already committed the strucutre :) while it is being
discussed.
I think, Its definetely a step in the right direction.

I definetely agree that additional pieces of functionality like RMI that
will be built on top of core functionality that you were proposing
should have separate modules which essentially i think what prasad was
proposing.

How about if we identify the modules that we can think of now?
Looking at prasad's and your proposal we atleast have five modules to
start with,
  tools, core, rmi, system_tests, distribution
Each of the module will be a maven2 subproject which will build a
yoko-<module-name>-1.0-SNAPSHOT

If the above list and names sound good to you, prasad and everybody lets
go with implementing that project strucutre.

Also, i dont see a need for generated-java directories.
Thats just a redudant thing from IONA's internal build system.
we can just have main/org/apache/yoko/orb etc.

thanks,
Adi Sakala