From "Olexiy Chudnovskyy" <olexiy.chudnovs...@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Subject RE: Extending widgets towards Inter-Widget-Communication
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:07:21 GMT
Hi Scott & Ross,

here is the source code of our prototype and a tutorial to get it running:

http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/demo/iwc-extension/apache-wookie-iwc-0.
10.0-incubating-standalone.zip
http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/demo/iwc-extension/tutorial.pdf

I like Scott's idea on "IWC Enchancer" add-on, which is completely decoupled
from a concrete widget container instance. This is definitely a cleaner
solution.
Another scenario is, however, extension of an already deployed widget. Or do
you think this situation is rather unusual?

Best Regards,
Olexiy

E-Mail: olexiy.chudnovskyy@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Phone:  +49 371 531 39146
Chemnitz University of Technology
Department of Computer Science
Distributed and Self-organizing Systems Group
Straße der Nationen 62
D-09107 Chemnitz
Germany