From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Google and Mozilla working on web intents
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:53:42 GMT
On 5 August 2011 14:44, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 Aug 2011, at 13:32, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> In addition to the article below there is an Apache licensed cross
>> platform javascript library at
>> https://github.com/PaulKinlan/webintents
>>

> This looks really interesting - though I'm not sure where the registry of providers for
each user lives?

> Paul and I have been working on a dynamic service binding mechanism for widgets using
a backend service registry and some selection logic - for example for identifying which SMS
sending API to use (e.g. direct through phone device API, or via server-side SMS gateway).
However, putting the user in control of selecting providers for services may be a better idea,
especially if this takes off.

> I wonder if it removes the need for oAuth in some cases?

I'm afraid I've only read the two links provided so I'm clueless (as usual ;-)

Ross

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com