From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google and Mozilla working on web intents
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:44:37 GMT
On 5 Aug 2011, at 13:32, Ross Gardler wrote:

> In addition to the article below there is an Apache licensed cross
> platform javascript library at
> https://github.com/PaulKinlan/webintents

This looks really interesting - though I'm not sure where the registry of providers for each
user lives?

Paul and I have been working on a dynamic service binding mechanism for widgets using a backend
service registry and some selection logic - for example for identifying which SMS sending
API to use (e.g. direct through phone device API, or via server-side SMS gateway). However,
putting the user in control of selecting providers for services may be a better idea, especially
if this takes off.

I wonder if it removes the need for oAuth in some cases?