From Dominik Renzel <ren...@dbis.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject Re: Google and Mozilla working on web intents
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 08:56:44 GMT
Dear all,

this is indeed quite interesting. In the context of the ROLE project, we
are developing an interwidget communication library that realizes both
local and remote forms (local via HTML5 PostMessage, remote via XMPP
PubSub) and uses the Google Android schema for intents as the event
payload format. This works quite well, and was thought to enable
communication between widgets and native Android applications in future...

Best regards,

     Dominik

Am 05.08.2011 15:44, schrieb Scott Wilson:
> On 5 Aug 2011, at 13:32, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> In addition to the article below there is an Apache licensed cross
>> platform javascript library at
>> https://github.com/PaulKinlan/webintents
>>
> This looks really interesting - though I'm not sure where the registry of providers for
each user lives?

> Paul and I have been working on a dynamic service binding mechanism for widgets using
a backend service registry and some selection logic - for example for identifying which SMS
sending API to use (e.g. direct through phone device API, or via server-side SMS gateway).
However, putting the user in control of selecting providers for services may be a better idea,
especially if this takes off.