From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Apache in Amsterdam in October - 1 day track CFP and Hackathon/BarCamp
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:25:54 GMT
Anyone else up for doing some Wookie hacking in Amsterdam in October?

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Nick Burch <nick@apache.org>
> Date: 1 August 2011 17:35:52 GMT+01:00
> To: committers@apache.org
> Subject: Apache in Amsterdam in October - 1 day track CFP and Hackathon/BarCamp
>
> Hi All
>
> It's been a little while now since our last event in Amsterdam, but we're pleased to
announce that we'll be back (albeit in a smaller form) this October! We'll be hosting an Apache
track at GotoCon on Friday 14th, and then a Hackathon + BarCamp on Saturday 15th. Whether
you want to talk, hack or learn, there's hopefully something there for everyone!

> If you might be interested in presenting, we're holding a CFP for the track. Be quick
though, it's only going to be open for one week, so get your submissions in by this coming
Sunday!

> GotoCon is aimed at developers, but not necessarily current Apache users, so it's a slightly
different (more outreach) audience to our own ApacheCons. As we've only got the one track
(plus hopefully a bit of the search track too...), we're ideally looking for talks that'll
cover several projects. That could be how to combine several Apache projects to solve a problem,
giving an overview of several projects in the same space, or just explaining how we work to
an interested audience. Sucessful speakers will get a pass to the two days of the conference,
hotel and a contribution towards travel, so get thinking about your talk! Submissions should
be made at
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE9UbjZldDREWVAyRk1saEMtbWM1d0E6MQ
>

> Whether you're someone who likes presenting or not, we'd love for as many people as possible
to join us on the Saturday. Hippo have kindly agreed to give us some space, so we're going
to be hosting a hackathon and BarCamp. Depending on numbers, and especially on the number
of people willing to help, we may open the BarCamp up to everyone, or just keep it for committers
and potential future committers.

> Either way, it'll be a great chance to meet with other Apache folks, learn about new
projects, find out more about how Apache works, hack on some code or share your ideas! If
you'd like to come, please sign up on the wiki, and indicate your interests and if you might
be able to help with organising if we open things up for a public BarCampApacheAmsterdam!
The wiki is