From Steve Lee <st...@fullmeasure.co.uk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Wookie gadget "store" moved to Rave?
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 11:41:31 GMT
On 11 May 2011 10:27, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm saying *no* UI code. Wookie becomes a library. The moment we start
> bringing UI code back in for any reason we start to blur the lines.

I thought you were saying no GUI, but still CLI or web API
That is then not a library but a process with a UI (thoug webAPI could
be a library/module).

> Testing is not a problem (in fact it is simplified) and instructions for
> instantiating a widget  and viewing it in  browser would be just a few lines
> long. In fact there is no reason why the CLI couldn't optionally fire up a
> browser when a widget is instantiated.

Nice idea, and use selenium to test.
However I was thinking of minimising dependencies for test purposes
(eg rely on a widget in another project).

--
Steve Lee

Full Measure - open source accessibility - http://fullmeasure.co.uk