From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Licenses for the WAR and standalone builds
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 00:17:33 GMT
On 16/05/2011 11:56, Paul Sharples wrote:
> On 11/05/2011 15:39, Paul Sharples wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've spent some considerable time going through the library
>> dependencies of wookie. After looking at WOOKIE-198, I realised there
>> were a bunch of other libs that were being added to the builds that we
>> had not initially accounted for. In a normal setup on our machines,
>> these jars are hidden away under cache folder under 'user/home'.
>> However, some of those jars are needed as part of an actual build.
>>
>> I've tried to find the corresponding licenses for them all (not all of
>> the ones in the cache, just the ones in the actual build). As the
>> standalone and war builds contain these additional jars (but not the
>> source build as is), I have created a separate
>> "etc/release/RUNTIME_LICENSE" file in a similar format to the top
>> level LICENSE file. The idea is that the ant build-release task will
>> copy this file over for the standalone and war builds. (Note: Please
>> look in the 0.9.0 branch for these updates, not the trunk)
>>
>> Can I ask someone who is license savvy to look over this file, as
>> there are a few new licenses in there which I am not sure are
>> compatible to use?
>
> Just bumping this message. If no one has any issues with these new
> additional licenses, I will make another RC build this week.

I just took a look at these. The only one I am not certain of is Indiana
University Extreme! Lab Software License [1]

At first glance it looks fine, but it's too late for me to read a
licence and be certain. I suggest asking on legal-discuss@apache.org

Ross

[1] http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/viewcvs/~checkout~/XPP3/java/LICENSE.txt