From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wookie Elgg Plugin - New Version?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 13:17:28 GMT
On 2 Nov 2009, at 12:15, Bernhard Hoisl wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I have made a first preliminary plugin update for Elgg.
>
> Features:
> - Updated out-dated plugin to work with the newest Elgg (and Wookie)
> version
> - Created drop-down menu to choose widgets (like the gallery
> displayed in Moodle -> this would also be easy to display in Elgg,
> as well)
> - Height/width of a widget can be specified (and overrides the
> manifest file definitions)
>
> My question: where is the best place to upload my files? Are SVN
> commits allowed to everyone?

Hi Bernhard,

This is great - I can see a lot of potential in having Wookie working
well in Elgg, and I've been acutely aware of just how out of date the
work I started had become, and so I'm very grateful that you've taken
this on.

In terms of hosting, Elgg requires that plugins are licensed using
GPL, which means they can't be hosted at ASF. However, if you were to
submit the plugin to the Elgg extensions project (see http://trac.elgg.org/extensions/)
  then we can link to it there from the Wookie site so that people can
find it. (I'm sure Hugh will want to test it, and I'd love to give it
a try too).

I think it would also be good to have the plugin as part of the Elgg
community so that developers there are able to identify any Elgg-
specific issues or enhancements.