From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Wookie demo at JISC-CETIS '09
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:48:41 GMT
Last week I did a short spot about Wookie in a session at the JISC-
CETIS conference; it was a bit impromptu but seemed to go pretty well.
Several of the attendees got in touch afterwards to find out more, and
there was some follow up:

- Richard Goddard, from LearnObjectivity.com who is working on Moodle
integration, got in touch and asked about the Moodle plugin. He
successfully set up a demo of Wookie which he gave at the Scottish
Moodle User Group (!).

- Sam Rowley (aka TheParsnip, developer at Staffs Uni) wrote on
Twitter later "Impressed with #cetis09 @scottbw Wookie widget server
demo. I knew what we wanted to do and what approach to take. Now I
know what to use."

- Richard Mobbs from Leicester Uni was interested in integration with
Sharepoint and Blackboard

- Rob Englebright from BECTA (UK schools ICT agency) had a Wookie
server running on his laptop already :-)

Once again we had more people asking for a live server to play with
(the one we're currently hosting at http://galadriel.cetis.ac.uk/
wookie while its stable enough this is now running a very out of date
version of Wookie which doesn't implement the current version of the
REST API spec).