From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject W3C Widgets compatibility progress
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:41:44 GMT
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on W3C Widgets conformance. As you may have
noticed I checked in a lot of changes lately focussed around  this
area. Probably the most important of these is the automated testing of
the official W3C test cases (currently hosted at http://samaxes.svn.beanstalkapp.com/widgets_compatibility_matrix/trunk/index.html)

. This enables us to interactively test the affects of changes on how
well we've implemented the spec.

100 of the 147 tests are implemented - the others are mostly not
testable at the moment for the simple reason that the Wookie API isn't
exposing the properties under test.

With the other changes implemented recently, our overall level of
compatibility now exceeds any other implementations tested (at least
at the time the test report was compiled) and we're well on track to
being one of - if not the - first full implementations of the spec.
This is something that Marcos and the rest of the W3C team would very
much like to see us achieve, as it helps the W3C Widgets specs reach
"Proposed Recommendation" status.

Still there are plenty of issues to fix to get there, and if anyone
out there is able to help out the effort will be much appreciated!  ;-)

The next round of testing by the W3C team should start in just over 2
months time.

Cheers,

Scott