From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviewing and applying patches
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 03:46:37 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> It's great to see so much work on Wookie. However, I'm a little
> concerned that there are patches that have been waiting for review for
> some time.
>
> Reviewing contributions quickly is critical in encouraging further
> contribution. Furthermore, in the case of patches the more changes
> there are in the trunk between patch creation and patch review the
> more likely there is to be a conflict and thus it is harder to apply.

Totally agree. One of the main things a project enter incubation is to
grow the community around the code, and reviewing the patches in a
timely meaner is key to this. I'd also encourage the current
committers to keep an eye for these contributors and constantly
evaluate potential committers.

> Issues needing review (some with patches):
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12313465
>
> Patches needing review:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12313464

Can't get to these links:
The selected filter is not available to you, perhaps it has been
deleted or had its permissions changed.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende