From Bernhard Hoisl <bernhard.ho...@wu.ac.at>
Subject Re: Wookie Elgg Plugin - New Version?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:31:18 GMT
Hi Scott,

Scott Wilson schrieb:
> On 2 Nov 2009, at 12:15, Bernhard Hoisl wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>> I have made a first preliminary plugin update for Elgg.
>>
>> Features:
>> - Updated out-dated plugin to work with the newest Elgg (and Wookie)
>> version
>> - Created drop-down menu to choose widgets (like the gallery
>> displayed in Moodle -> this would also be easy to display in Elgg, as
>> well)
>> - Height/width of a widget can be specified (and overrides the
>> manifest file definitions)
>>
>> My question: where is the best place to upload my files? Are SVN
>> commits allowed to everyone?
>>

> Hi Bernhard,
>
> This is great - I can see a lot of potential in having Wookie working
> well in Elgg, and I've been acutely aware of just how out of date the
> work I started had become, and so I'm very grateful that you've taken
> this on.
>
> In terms of hosting, Elgg requires that plugins are licensed using
> GPL, which means they can't be hosted at ASF. However, if you were to
> submit the plugin to the Elgg extensions project (see
> http://trac.elgg.org/extensions/) then we can link to it there from
> the Wookie site so that people can find it. (I'm sure Hugh will want
> to test it, and I'd love to give it a try too).
I have uploaded the new Elgg plugin version to http://community.elgg.org
(just have a look at my previous mail).

By uploading the plugin I wondered because I could choose among many
license also the Apache License Version 2 for the plugin. GPL 3 is also
available which should be compatible with the Apache License Version 2
as well.

So, hosting it on ASF should theoretically be possible, although the
elgg community site looks like a better place for it.