From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviewing and applying patches
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:39:47 GMT
On 13 Nov 2009, at 03:46, Luciano Resende wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> It's great to see so much work on Wookie. However, I'm a little
>> concerned that there are patches that have been waiting for review
>> for
>> some time.
>>
>> Reviewing contributions quickly is critical in encouraging further
>> contribution. Furthermore, in the case of patches the more changes
>> there are in the trunk between patch creation and patch review the
>> more likely there is to be a conflict and thus it is harder to apply.
>>

> Totally agree. One of the main things a project enter incubation is to
> grow the community around the code, and reviewing the patches in a
> timely meaner is key to this. I'd also encourage the current
> committers to keep an eye for these contributors and constantly
> evaluate potential committers.

Thanks both of you for pointing this out. It has been on my personal
to-do list, though at the same time I've been holding off doing some
of these myself as I thought it might be a good way for Paul and Kris
to get back into the flow of things once they get their big deadline
out of the way later this month. I appreciate though that some of
these reports have been around a long time now...