incubator-wink-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator Board Report (February 2012)
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:44:02 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2012, at 6:07 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
>
>> Please review Wink February's draft board report at :
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012
>
> Thanks Luciano! I have one comment regarding:
>
> "Top issues before graduation:
>
> * Getting more active dev community"
>
> I think the specific issue is about the diversity/size of the active dev community. Slightly
different than a "more active" dev community. IMO, the core issue isn't necessarily the level
of activity, but the diversity/size doing the dev...

> Thoughts?
>
> --kevan

What I was trying to mention is that, in the context of graduation, we
need "at least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single
company or entity that is vital to the success of the project". We do
have it, but most of them became inactive last year. What you seem to
be saying is to don't count on those and only consider the active
committers as the dev community. Did I get it right ? Anyway, I'll
make the updates on the current report...

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende