incubator-wink-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas Gallardo <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2010 (
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:27:27 GMT
EE 6 is as good a place to start as any really.  I'm up for queuing up that work
for Wink 1.2 and using that as a means to expand Wink's community.

The biggest question for graduation, beyond the community, is graduation into
what type of project?  Previous thoughts were that this would end up as a TLP
rather than a subproject.  What are your thoughts there Kevan?  Does the IPMC
need a definite statement of the end location before or after graduation?

----- Original Message ----
From: Bryant Luk <>
Sent: Mon, August 9, 2010 9:12:16 AM
Subject: Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2010

I made a preliminary draft on the web site.  If anyone has anything
else they'd like to add, feel free.

I'm interested in graduation.  I think one of the ways we can try to
grow the community is to do some Java EE 6 work and integrate with
projects like Tomcat or Geronimo.  If anyone has any other ideas,
please share.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Kevan Miller <> wrote:
> Any volunteers?
> Also, we're overdue for a discussion about the community... How do folks feel
>about graduation? Please remember to think about (and work on) growing the
> --kevan
> On Aug 1, 2010, at 10:00 AM, wrote:
>> Dear Wink Developers,
>> This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator
>> It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your
>> board report.
>> The board meeting is scheduled for . The report
>> for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator
>> requires your report to be submitted one week before the board meeting, to
>> sufficient time for review.
>> Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC,
>> subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you
>> should submit your report is one week prior to the board meeting.
>> Thanks,
>> The Apache Incubator PMC
>> Submitting your Report
>> ----------------------
>> * Your project name
>> * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the
>>   or necessarily of its field
>> * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
>>   graduation.
>> * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware
>> * How has the community developed since the last report
>> * How has the project developed since the last report.
>> Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page
>>      created from a template.
>> Mentors
>> -------
>> Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the
>> Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
>> project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator
>> Incubator PMC

View raw message