incubator-wink-dev mailing list archives

From Bryant Luk <bryant....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new 1.0 branch available
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 22:18:18 GMT
I've merged in the changes from trunk to the last 1.0 branch (RC-3 I
think) and I think we should be good to go.

The additions include:

the ResourceRegistry performance improvement
WINK-220 (Michael's HttpClient fix)
WINK-221 (JaxbElement fix)
WINK-222 (Performance improvement to JAXB provider)

The other notable fixes were around the LICENSE/NOTICE with separate
ones for the source distribution and the binary distribution and:

- No longer distributing Abdera dependencies in binary (which removes
the Jaxen, htmlparser, Axiom, etc. dependencies which shortens our
LICENSE/NOTICE file)
- Change to wink-client-apache-httpclient to use SLF4J bridge for
logging (to make it consistent with the rest of the Wink logging) so
no longer distributing commons-logging (and instead just the bridge).
- The particular version of StAX 1.0-2 is distributed under CDDL I
believe ( http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/stream/stax-api/1.0-2/stax-api-1.0-2.pom
) so corrected that since that's what's being distributed
- Listed all the JARs in the binary NOTICE to be explicit about ASL
licensed ones

Doing the diff between trunk and the branch I believe the only changes are:

- pom.xml version numbers are obviously different
- wink-assembly is only in trunk
- wink-itests related changes to the main pom.xml (to get it to run in
Hudson) and wink-itests/pom.xmls

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Bryant Luk <bryant.luk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the easiest way to clean up the dependencies is to remove us
> from re-distributing Apache Abdera and getting the user to go download
> it and add the appropriate dependencies (but us still distributing the
> binary wink-abdera-provider).  The reasoning is that depending on
> which features of Abdera the user wanted and in what environment, they
> would have different requirements.  This also helps clean up the
> binary distribution's LICENSE and NOTICE file making it easier for
> users to understand.
>
> I've made changes to the LICENSE and NOTICE file for the binary
> distribution as a result:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/trunk/wink-scripts/wink-dist/binarydist/NOTICE
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/trunk/wink-scripts/wink-dist/binarydist/LICENSE
>
> Deleted everything that didn't explicitly call out for a NOTiCE I
> believe (which I think is just the CDDL stuff that remains).   Didn't
> need the htmlparser, jaxen, xml-apis, and after unjarring and visiting
> a bunch of Apache websites, didn't see any new NOTiCES to add.
>
> For the LICENSE, I took out the no longer needed licenses for Abdera
> dependencies.  I also explicitly mentioned components which we are
> re-distributing under the Apache 2.0 license.
>
> I've also changed the HttpClient to use SLF4J's log bridge.  Makes it
> more consistent (like the Spring side).
>
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Nicholas Gallardo
> <nickgallardo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The new 1.0 branch is available.  I believe Bryant had one more license change he
wanted to include.  After that I'll re-spin.