incubator-wink-dev mailing list archives

From Bryant Luk <bryant....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new 1.0 branch available
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:50:19 GMT
I think the easiest way to clean up the dependencies is to remove us
from re-distributing Apache Abdera and getting the user to go download
it and add the appropriate dependencies (but us still distributing the
binary wink-abdera-provider).  The reasoning is that depending on
which features of Abdera the user wanted and in what environment, they
would have different requirements.  This also helps clean up the
binary distribution's LICENSE and NOTICE file making it easier for
users to understand.

I've made changes to the LICENSE and NOTICE file for the binary
distribution as a result:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/trunk/wink-scripts/wink-dist/binarydist/NOTICE
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/trunk/wink-scripts/wink-dist/binarydist/LICENSE

Deleted everything that didn't explicitly call out for a NOTiCE I
believe (which I think is just the CDDL stuff that remains).   Didn't
need the htmlparser, jaxen, xml-apis, and after unjarring and visiting
a bunch of Apache websites, didn't see any new NOTiCES to add.

For the LICENSE, I took out the no longer needed licenses for Abdera
dependencies.  I also explicitly mentioned components which we are
re-distributing under the Apache 2.0 license.

I've also changed the HttpClient to use SLF4J's log bridge.  Makes it
more consistent (like the Spring side).

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Nicholas Gallardo
<nickgallardo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The new 1.0 branch is available.  I believe Bryant had one more license change he wanted
to include.  After that I'll re-spin.