incubator-wink-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: new 1.0 branch available
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 22:36:16 GMT

Thanks Bryant, I'll re-spin now.

-N

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Bryant Luk
             <bryant.luk@gmail
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             11/02/2009 04:18                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: new 1.0 branch available
             Please respond to
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

I've merged in the changes from trunk to the last 1.0 branch (RC-3 I
think) and I think we should be good to go.

The additions include:

the ResourceRegistry performance improvement
WINK-220 (Michael's HttpClient fix)
WINK-221 (JaxbElement fix)
WINK-222 (Performance improvement to JAXB provider)

The other notable fixes were around the LICENSE/NOTICE with separate
ones for the source distribution and the binary distribution and:

- No longer distributing Abdera dependencies in binary (which removes
the Jaxen, htmlparser, Axiom, etc. dependencies which shortens our
LICENSE/NOTICE file)
- Change to wink-client-apache-httpclient to use SLF4J bridge for
logging (to make it consistent with the rest of the Wink logging) so
no longer distributing commons-logging (and instead just the bridge).
- The particular version of StAX 1.0-2 is distributed under CDDL I
believe (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/stream/stax-api/1.0-2/stax-api-1.0-2.pom

) so corrected that since that's what's being distributed
- Listed all the JARs in the binary NOTICE to be explicit about ASL
licensed ones

Doing the diff between trunk and the branch I believe the only changes are:

- pom.xml version numbers are obviously different
- wink-assembly is only in trunk
- wink-itests related changes to the main pom.xml (to get it to run in
Hudson) and wink-itests/pom.xmls

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/trunk/wink-scripts/wink-dist/binarydist/NOTICE

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/trunk/wink-scripts/wink-dist/binarydist/LICENSE

> Deleted everything that didn't explicitly call out for a NOTiCE I
> believe (which I think is just the CDDL stuff that remains).   Didn't
> need the htmlparser, jaxen, xml-apis, and after unjarring and visiting
> a bunch of Apache websites, didn't see any new NOTiCES to add.
>
> For the LICENSE, I took out the no longer needed licenses for Abdera
> dependencies.  I also explicitly mentioned components which we are
> re-distributing under the Apache 2.0 license.
>
> I've also changed the HttpClient to use SLF4J's log bridge.  Makes it
> more consistent (like the Spring side).
>
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Nicholas Gallardo
> <nickgallardo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The new 1.0 branch is available.  I believe Bryant had one more license
change he wanted to include.  After that I'll re-spin.