incubator-whirr-user mailing list archives

From Saptarshi Guha <saptar...@revolutionanalytics.com>
Subject Re: Cloudera scripts not being run?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:41:03 GMT
Hi,
Fixed the security slip up. Did the hadoop version thing and got this

[root@domU-12-31-39-0B-CC-41 ~]# hadoop version
Hadoop 0.20.2
Subversion https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20
-r 911707
Compiled by chrisdo on Fri Feb 19 08:07:34 UTC 2010

So i guess its not CDH.

Thanks
Saptarshi

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Saptarshi Guha
<saptarshi@revolutionanalytics.com> wrote:
> dear me! thanks, will do right away.
>

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Sebastian Schoenherr
> <sebastian.schoenherr@uibk.ac.at> wrote:
>> Hi Saptarshi,
>> Try to execute "hadoop version" on your namenode, if the output is Hadoop
>> 0.20.2-CDH3B4, the current cloudera distribution has been installed.
>> Btw, I would recommend to set your current Access Key ID and Secret Key
>> inactive, since you posted it in your prop file.
>> cheers
>> sebastian
>>
>> On 06.03.2011 06:54, Saptarshi Guha wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I did git clone of the latest whirr and copied cloudera scripts into
>>> the script directory (copied over
>>> from whirr-0.3-incubating).
>>>
>>> My properties file is at the end of this email.
>>>
>>> However, I don't think the scripts are being run because the jobtracker
>>> is the default Apache hadoop jobtracker and not the cloudera jobtracker.
>>>
>>> Have i missed something?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Saptarshi
>>>
>>> ## Properties
>>>

>>> whirr.cluster-name=revotesting
>>> whirr.service-name=hadoop
>>> whirr.instance-templates=1 hadoop-namenode+hadoop-jobtracker,2
>>> hadoop-datanode+hadoop-tasktracker
>>> whirr.provider=aws-ec2
>>> whirr.identity= AKIAI3FUFFXAPYLE7CJA
>>> whirr.credential= 2Yq3Ar2HSxK/hbwZHs6aN6yrh0yfGNSPTpVw3t2n
>>> whirr.location-id=us-east-1
>>> whirr.hardware-id=c1.xlarge
>>>
>>> ## Rightscales CentOS AMI
>>>
>>> http://support.rightscale.com/18-Release_Notes/02-AMI/RightImages_Release_Notes