From "John D. Ament"<johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire Wave
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 17:45:44 GMT
+1 and sorry for not sending the vote, was waiting for the new year.

On 2018-01-01 16:51, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Wave is currently in the Apache Incubator, which has expectations of how a project matures.
Wave, being a small project, over its seven years of incubation, is not showing signs of reaching
graduation. Thus, it seems time we accept that the Incubator is not the place for this project.

> Retirement need not halt development - it simply means that Apache is not the venue,
and the project is relieved of the constraints and demands that Apache places upon it. Once
retired, anyone can push the project code, for example, to GitHub. All that is required is
that the terms of the Apache License continue to be honoured.

> If the vote is to retire, then before actioning the retirement, we can have a discussion
on this list to see if we can reach a consensus as to where the code might move to, or to
see if there is a volunteer who is willing to carry out the migration work.