From Adam John ...@sterlingsolved.com>
Subject Re: Retirement
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:31:10 GMT
I have to weigh in and say that I agree that the bar here was set high from
several perspectives.

I'm currently evaluating what components of this project can be most useful
for incorporation into 2 separate projects. If either one moves forward in
the next 6 months, there will be more developers actively involved here.

That said, I've watched some of the transition videos from Google folks and
read a lot of the docs, reviewed code and worked on implementing this
project for myself.  It is daunting and would benefit overall from 2
significant - imho critical - updates;
(1) the Product itself needs real changes - like the concept of bots needs
pulled out from core terminology and revamped as a more current common
concept / ie agents.  There needs to be better organization of the Product
from concept to contribution.  This is not to diminish the vast resources
present, only to highlight an improvement area.
(2) the Architecture needs serious review and revision to figure out how
best to leverage other projects and allow focus on the specific benefits
this project enables.  The technology stack overall needs better separation
at least from a newcomers perspective.
As a third factor, and #1 on my list for adoption is rolling docker images
for the project.  This is essential in my humble opinion to allow new
developers to focus on the pieces they feel most equipped to contribute
comfortably...

I don't know how the major changes I am suggesting get introduced and
discussed in much more detail.  I'm hoping that perhaps I lieue of a
potentially dismissive email "vote" ... Maybe a virtual conference would be
of interest?  I would hope that the participants of such a convention would
be the core of a nascent rebirth.  Yes I am volunteering to help take this
on if there is interest...

Thanks,

Adam John
(914) 623-8433