From Yuri Z <vega...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we remove Federation? Wave as XEP/XMMP Extension
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:35:57 GMT
I was thinking about Federation via persistence level. In particular when
all the content persisted into database, but the database is decentralized
(like bitcoin blockchain). The content though is encrypted. Each wave is
encrypted with a new key. Whenever a participant is added to the wave -
whoever adds him also adds a new record into this user data wavelet with
the wave private key that is encrypted with the user's public key. This way
only the new user gets access the the wave private key.
I.e. all the content is public, but encrypted. Only those that control a
certain key can decrypt the message and add new content.
So, this architecture follows the bitcoin model - anyone can host his own
wave blockchain (like running his own wallet) or use a web wallet - i.e.
wave client hosted by someone else.