From Andreas Kotes <count-apache....@flatline.de>
Subject Re: PST Tool
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 18:15:11 GMT
Hi Evan,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 09:24:48PM +1000, Evan Hughes wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 07:42:16PM +1000, Evan Hughes wrote:
> > > Is anyone willing to have a look at the PST tool sub project in wave and
> > > write documentation? or tutorials?
> >
> > I could give it a go; anything I should know before going in,
> > considering I know exactly nothing about it so far? ;)
>
> the compiler is the pst folder in the repository. There is a comment in one
> of the core files which tries to outline the project and I've linked it
> below. This will be a fairly intensive learning experience, after reading
> the resources above I would suggest reading the source, starting with
> Pst.java and moving to the other root files in the PST sub folder.
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-wave/blob/master/pst/src/main/java/org/apache/wave/pst/Pst.java
>

> After that this will link you to where in the build we use this compiler to
> generate source files for wave.
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-wave/blob/master/wave/build.gradle#L222
>
> As always if your confused, just ask. Also i believe yuri has also written
> some of the protobuffs so he may be able to extend on this.

yeah, it seems reasonably straigforward - but previous experience with
Protobuf, JSON, templates and whatnot might have helped quite a bit.

I've cobbled something together per
https://github.com/apache/incubator-wave/pull/12 .. let's hear what you
think :)

I'm not sure the average dev would require more information to start
getting their hands dirty, and most endusers probably wouldn't need to
care at all.

I figure any tutorials should be Wave-specific.

Cheers,

   count

--
Andreas 'count' Kotes