From Pablo Ojanguren <pablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Previous attempts at separating the client
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 18:58:30 GMT
Hi Evan,

I am responsible of that fork, SwellRT as Thomas has pointed out. It
provides two clients:

JavaScript: it uses the original client's Java/GWT code to manage the wave
protocol stuff. On top of it, a native JavaScript layer is provided. So I
have dropped all original IU related code.

Android: it uses the original Java client's code, replacing native
GWT/JavaScript parts by Java/Android compatible, basically the Websockets
library.

The aim is to allow a general use of the Wave data model
(Participants, Wavelets & Documents) via an API.

Hence, it separates IU code but it still reuse part of the original
client's Java/GWT code. I think to port non-UI client parts to other
language would be a huge effort.