From Evan Hughes <ehu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal - Documentation storage
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 07:12:07 GMT
I believe we should split the docs into:

Documentation  =>  Documents how to build the documentation and how to use
sphinx + ReST  (mostly just an example and to help ease the transition)
manual              =>  The user manual provided with the client (How to
make a wave, .....)
developer          =>  Everything a developer would need, how to start the
server, how to build, how to contribute
api                     =>  How to build with the gadgets/robot api
protocol             =>  All about the protocol specifications

after the "Documentation" is built I will submit a pull request to the main
so you guys can see if you like it.

On 6 May 2015 at 00:41, Ali Lown <ali@lown.me.uk> wrote:

> The repository is at https://github.com/apache/incubator-wave-docs,
> and is rather empty at the moment.
> I see no reason we shouldn't accept pull requests to this repo, so I
> suggest you use that workflow...
>
> Sphinx sounds fine. Many people will be familiar with rest (it shares
> a lot with markdown but is more powerful) thanks to Python docs making
> use of it.
>
> Can we find any other volunteers for moving the docs out of
> confluence, as there is quite a lot to do....?
>
> Ali
>
> On 1 May 2015 at 04:03, Evan Hughes <ehugh1@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think sphinx would be a better option than jekyll for the
> documentation,
> > it does use restructured text instead of markdown but is more extensible
> > and can easily produce a pdf format compared to markdown. Gonna spin up
> my
> > own repo and see how it is, been looking at the syntax and it isn't that
> > bad.
> >
> > On 1 May 2015 at 01:53, Ali Lown <ali@lown.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Okay. A new repository has been made:
> >> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-wave-docs.git
> >>
> >> I have requested github integration for it, so we can use pull
> >> requests if we would like to...
> >>
> >> Ali

> sure if
> >> documentation