From Thomas Wrobel <darkfl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:14:47 GMT
You can split the client and sever without switching languages.
This is common in GWT projects.
You just have
- client (gwt java)
- sever (java)
- common (gwt-subset of java, but not using any gwt specific things)

Common can then be imported by any non-gwt (but still Java) clients, such
as Android.
People could also re-write gwt clients for other purpose's, or just to make
it cleaner.

For people wanting clients in completely different languages, the common
would need to be re-written. But that's always going to be the case. And Id
suggest having a clear isolation even in just Java makes this task vastly
easier and they can focus on just the bits that need converted to another
language. If its well written and documented (or even just well commented)
this should allow simple librarys people can import into their projects.

A third option is that GWT code can just be compiled to a javascript lib
which normal js can call. I haven't done that myself, but I've seen it
mentioned as a method for other projects.

~~~
Thomas & Bertines online review show:
http://randomreviewshow.com/index.html
Try it! You might even feel ambivalent about it :)