From Ali Lown <...@lown.me.uk>
Subject Re: GSoC 2015 with Apache Wave
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:53:59 GMT
Hi Roshan,

You will probably be interested to read about the Client-Server
Protocol[1], and its associated protobuf implementation[2], as this is
what currently defines the 'split' between the WebClient and the
Server parts of WIAB.

As this protocol works entirely with deltas, you to retrieve the
'content' for display in your client, you will need to understand the
Conversation Model[3], which defines how create the familiar Wave
structure on top of the underlying federateable delta-backed protocol.
You should be able to re-use most of the model code[4] in your client.

I hope these pointers give you somewhere to start from, feel free to
ask me any further questions whilst navigating the wave codebase.

Also, whilst not directly applicable - as I started at the federation
end, you may find my 'rave'[5] codebase useful as a way of wrapping
your head around the conversation model.

Ali

[1]: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wave/whitepapers/client-server-protocol/
[2]: src/org/waveprotocol/box/common/comms/waveclient-rpc.proto
[3]: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wave/whitepapers/conversation/
[4]: src/org/waveprotocol/wave/model/*
[5]: https://github.com/alown/rave