From Tobias Pfeiffer <tgpfeif...@web.de>
Subject Re: Wave and Incubation
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:03:13 GMT
Hi,

I guess this is my first post to this list, even though I am subscribed
for a year or so know and "following" the discussions here.

The technology in Wave seems quite amazing to me (in particular the
federation part, which hardly any commercial entity would add to their
product out of a business interest) and I would love to see the project
flourish, but – just judging from what I saw here on the mailing list –
I was always wondering if this project is going anywhere from its
current state. I don't know the project and its history very well, but
it seems to me that even *if* it was possible to make a release or
convince Apache that Wave should stay in the incubator, I don't see how
overall progress should be made.

My feeling is that moving out of Apache to, say, Github (not
Sourceforge, though...) can't make anything worse, but it *might* lower
the barrier to collaboration.

Thanks
Tobias