From Silicon Dragon <sdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Federation: Failed to verify signer info & Unknown signer for waveinabox.net
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:30:14 GMT
| Relevant question: What's the policy on servers federating, in general?
To give an analogy, what good is an SMTP service, if you can only send
emails to host-local users with it?

I guess what really grinds my gears here, policy-wise, is that when
federation fails, it does so silently: it pretends a user was added, even
though it wasn't.
Imagine, in a corporate setting, you've prepared a report for Client, and
waved it over to them; but due to their IT fail, it never makes it to the
CTO's inbox.  With email, at least a mailer daemon notifies you of such
failure, so you can find next-best-alternatives (picking up the phone);
however, silent failures significantly reduces the perceived reliability of
the platform.

-SDr