From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Wave 0.5 based on RC5
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:56:11 GMT
Unfortunately I found some issues which should be solved before we can
release:

I found these file without headers. Many of them are generated, but I
found
others in the same folders which were generated too and had a license
header.
So I think we can apply them here as well:

WaveClientRpc.java
ProfilesProto
SearchProto
ProtoDeltaStoreData
Rpc
Extensions
ClientServer
Diff
FederationErrorProto
Proto

Others:

artifact-sign.sh
eclipse-formatter-style.xml

What are these files in thumbnails_patterns? They look binary, do we
have the permission to distribute them?

The NOTICE file needs an update to the current year - speaking of the
src dist, it looks correct (?) for the bin dist.

The LICENSE file in the bin dist contains additional lines of text which
should not be there. This is what belongs to a NOTICE file.

Basically my main blocker is the header license.

I don't know why files like LICENSE etc are different from the packages.
They should be the same.

I know its a lot of work, but can we fix these?

Probably there are other issues, but I hope you'll see my point.

Thanks!
Christian

On 19 Jul 2014, at 19:12, Yuri Z wrote:

> RC5 is now available for review.
>
> Major changes in RC5:
> - Added MongoDB based deltas store and migration tool for deltas
> migration
> from file to mongo based store.
>
> - Added client/server profiling.
> - Added Atmosphere framework as replacement of Socket.IO.
> - Added alternative - Gmail style initials avatars.
> - Decreased number of permutations in dev compilation and added GWT
> superdev mode.
> - Upgraded the server to Jetty 9.1.1.
> - Added JDK 7 compatibility.
>
> Reminder: Major changes in RC4 included:
> - More licensing fixes
> - Federation works
> - New and updated translations
> - And more...
>
> Artifacts can be found here:
> *https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/wave/0.5-incubating/
> <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/wave/0.5-incubating/>*
> (Remember checksums are from 'gpg --print-md SHA512 $f > $f.sha')
>
> This is taken from branch
> *https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-wave.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/wave-0.4-rc5
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-wave.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/wave-0.4-rc5>*
>
> A summary of useful information can be found in RELEASE-NOTES, and a
> list of changes in CHANGES at the above artifact distribution url, as
> well as being included in the tarballs/zips.(zipballs?)
>
> *Action Required:*
> *It is crucial to test these on some other machines and provide
> **feedback.*
>
> This vote will close around 0000 GMT 26-th July 2014.
>
> [ ] +1   Release it!
> [ ] +0   OK, but...
> [ ] -0    OK, but you really should fix....
> [ ] -1    Definitely not because...
>
> Thanks.

---
http://www.grobmeier.de