From 田传武...@goodow.com>
Subject Re: An Open Source implementation of Google Drive Realtime API
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:10:32 GMT
Apologize for my poor english, inline

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM, Thomas Wrobel <darkflame@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wave has always been impressive - but its also been years since Google
> abandoned it, and despite some effort under Apache is hasn't progressed far
> since. Its never nice abandoning code, but I think there is at least some
> arguments to be said for building something that can do what wave can, but
> from a fresh code/protocol standpoint.
> My (simple) understanding of the main difference in functionality of this
> protocol between this and wfp is the lack of federation. Is that correct?

Yes, realtime-store doesn't support federation and has no conception of
wave's Conversation Model, instead it provides a JSON like api to access
data.

> >"Benefit from the distributed publish/subscribe event bus across
> >server/browser/iOS/Android and no ui specific code, it is easy to
> implement
> >client libraries on multiple platforms."
>
> Well, exactly!
> This is something that seems fairly easy with this realtime store, but
> something that (at least for me) has been far too much effort to even start
> to work out how to do with wave.
> Someone could even use libgdx or PlayN to build cross platform clients if
> they wished here.

In fact, realtime-store uses GWT's new JsInterop and @JsType to translate
java to javascript,  uses J2ObjC to translate java to objective-c :)
But for wave, i have no confidence whether it could be translated.