From Bruno Gonzalez <sten...@stenyak.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Wave 0.5 based on RC5
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 07:25:18 GMT
On 14-07-19 20:12:44, Yuri Z wrote:
> RC5 is now available for review.
>
> Major changes in RC5:
> - Added MongoDB based deltas store and migration tool for deltas migration
> from file to mongo based store.
>
> - Added client/server profiling.
> - Added Atmosphere framework as replacement of Socket.IO.
> - Added alternative - Gmail style initials avatars.
> - Decreased number of permutations in dev compilation and added GWT
> superdev mode.
> - Upgraded the server to Jetty 9.1.1.
> - Added JDK 7 compatibility.
>
> Reminder: Major changes in RC4 included:
> - More licensing fixes
> - Federation works
> - New and updated translations
> - And more...

Tested on an updated Debian sid 32bit, using openjdk-7-jdk:i386_7u65-2.5.1-2, and iceweasel
29.0.1.

I've only done some basic tests, and have not encountered any blocking issue.

Only two things to note:
 - "in:inbox" search term works, but I have no idea how to do a normal search; simply typing
a word ("foobar") and hitting enter doesn't work. It's probably a PEBKAC issue anyway.
 - gravatars are not showing in wave list nor in participants list. However, if I right click
them, copy image URL, then manually open it in a new tab, the gravatar displays correctly.
Not sure if gravatar is a bit wonky (they had problems last week), or there's something wrong
in my setup.

Regardless, my vote is "+1". Thanks everyone for your efforts!

--
Regards/Saludos,
    Bruno Gonzalez