incubator-wave-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Blossom <jblos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] To stay or not to stay
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:18:53 GMT
Time to go, we need a new way to turn thoughts into action, knowing that we
may yet come back to Apache in a more usable form.

All the best,

John Blossom

email: jblossom@gmail.com
phone: 203.293.8511
google+: google.com/+JohnBlossom


On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:

> It seems to me that the time has come to make a decision here, and for
> now, I'm going to ask that we consider just one simple question:
>
>  * Should Wave stay within Apache, or leave.
>
> I'm going to ask that we postpone any discussion about either option
> that isn't required to make the decision, until the vote is complete. If
> discussion is to occur, please move it to a separate thread, to keep the
> [VOTE] thread clean.
>
> I'm going to suggest that this vote runs for 72hrs, and that we aim for
> consensus. Should anyone wish to change their vote based upon the votes
> of others, that's fine, only your last vote will count.
>
> I'm going to suggest that for this vote to succeed, we'll need full
> consensus of committers/PPMC members. Community votes are also very much
> welcome, but committer/PPMC votes will be the ones that make up the
> final tally.  If this vote does not receive a consensus, then the status
> quo will continue until another event occurs to change it.
>
> I myself am not going to vote, as I see this as a vote for those who
> feel ownership of the project and its codebase. I couldn't make an
> impartial vote anyway.
>
> So, here's your chance to cast your votes:
>
> [  ] Wave should stay at Apache
> [  ] Wave should leave Apache, and find a home elsewhere
>
> Thanks,
>
> Upayavira
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message