From Sam Nelson <so...@orcon.net.nz>
Subject Re: Setting up Wave for client development (my experience setting up on WindowsXP)
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:34:25 GMT
Hi Thomas,

I'm completely unfamilar with your dev tools, however when you suggested
having to run something first before http://localhost:9898 exists, that
rung a bell for me as a windows developer.  When attempting to listen on
a URL in a windows environment with a WCF self-hosted service - that is,
outside of the IIS web server, I've had to explicitly grant access
rights for the URL to my application's user account by running something
like:
netsh http add urlacl url=http://localhost:9898 user="MyServiceUser"

I think "netsh http" only works on Vista or higher though, in an XP
environment you'd need the Windows Support Tools installed to accomplish
the same via the command line, although I don't know which tool you use
in here since at that point I just switched my installer from invoking
another tool, to using the HTTP API directly (see
HttpSetServiceConfiguration in the httpapi.dll), which gives the
required functionality between both operating systems.  Not sure if
that'll help?