From "Vicente J. Ruiz Jurado" <v...@ourproject.org>
Subject Re: Setting up Wave for client development (my experience setting up on WindowsXP)
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 22:40:15 GMT
El 04/12/13 21:43, Joseph Gentle escribió:
> (And people wonder why I want to move away from gwt)

It depends ...

I know my limitations (and the limitations of the small free software
projects I'm participating) and to use javascript in so small/tinny dev
groups it's something far from realist if we want to support many
browsers & devices.

For sure Joseph, that your capacity and your groups, company, skills,
etc are very different and to move away from gwt it a effort that you
can imagine, measure, maintain and afford... I cannot.

I always think in assemblers vs compilers. Yes, assembly language was
nice in the 80s but now I only can use compilers and produce fat
complex multiplatform software ...

Vicente

PS:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20095858/is-still-gwt-pertinent-for-2014-new-projects
PS2: Just curious: Writely (pre docs.google) was written in javascript,
isn't it? And now docs.google/drive?